Friday, April 11, 2008

pregnancy and dreams

Ever since I've entered my second trimester, I've begun having the strangest dreams! Hormones do crazy things. Mom has been urging me to write them down, and a friend of mine told me about this site, so I thought I'd give it a try....

Well, the first strange dream I had was a few weeks ago. It was just before we were supposed to have our "big" ultrasound to find out what we're having. I dreamed that we were at my mom's house, in her kitchen, and there were lots of people there. Someone told me that they had a portable ultrasound machine in their car and that if I wanted, they could bring it in and we could find out right then what we were having. So, I agreed, she brough it in, started rolling it around my belly and as we are all watching the microwave (as it was the ultrasound monitor -?) we realized that the baby had 3 eyes! All in a line straight across it's face. Funny thing is, I don't remember being upset about it.

Then, a few days later, I dreamed that my mom, christy and I were in the car with my grandmother O'Neil. We were riding along when Meme looked at me and was crying! She said that she had something to tell me and that she didn't want me to be mad at her... I was feeling nervous and she told me that she was pregnant, too!! haha. She said that she didn't want me to be mad at her. I was just astonished. The dream was so detailed that we even discussed in the dream that her child would be my child's great aunt or uncle.

...i told you these were crazy...

Then - just last night - I dreamed that I was pregnant, IN MY LEG! Near my ankle on my right leg. You could see the baby through the skin and it felt squishy. It didn't seem odd or anything, in fact I was at work sitting in my chair when his little arms popped out - which scared me. The next thing I knew he had come out completely. He was 4 years old and Asian!!! He was even already dressed. I don't think I was concerned about the asian part, but I was so excited because it had not hurt at all.

Anyway, there they are, all of my crazy dreams so far. I'll be sue to update them the further along I get.

No comments: