Sunday, September 13, 2009

tivo

So, I'm going to quickly catch up on the two last weeks, since I've obviously not kept up with my blogging...Last Monday night, I was getting all prepared for Nathan's first day of school (mom's day out at the church), by fixing his lunch getting his bag ready and making sure we were in bed on time. About 1:30 in the morning, though, Nathan woke up crying. Sometimes he does this, but he usually goes back to sleep pretty easily on his own if I just ignore him. However, that night, he wouldn't stop crying! So, I changed his diaper, tried to give him something to eat, tried rocking him - nothing was working. An hour passed, then another and he was still just crying uncontrollably. But, I knew that I had to go to work the next day, so since I had done everything I could to try to soothe him, I decided to leave the room and try to go to sleep on the couch. Every so often, though, I would go in there to check on him because he would drop his little silky over the edge of his crib and I know that he can't go to sleep without it (which is probably why he was dropping in the first place, but what do you do...). After about the third time of me going back there, I was laying on the couch and heard the most awful noise I've ever heard - he fell out of his bed!!! :( I could cry right now. It was awful. I'm sure that he'd dropped his silky and was leaning over the rail reaching for it and just fell right over. I ran in there, flipped the light on and here he came crawling out from beside the bed, tears just streaming down his face. At this point, I called my mom because I was thinking that maybe she would say, "well, sara, have you tried ___" and it would cure everything. Maybe there was something that I hadn't thought of. She didn't have a real magic answer but she offered the idea of just putting him in bed with me and pulling Mason's bed out from underneath our's so that if he fell off of our bed, he would at least land on Mason's. This sounded as good as any idea I'd had yet, so I layed Nathan on our bed and proceeded to pull out Mason's bed, but as I was doing it - he fell off. Yes, people, he fell off the bed twice in one night! I just might be the worst mama ever. I feel so badly about that night. Luckily, he didn't have any broken bones or bruises even. I quickly got in the bed and snuggled him up close to me (which he normally won't let me do), but he finally fell asleep whimpering into my chest. :( Poor little baby...
One of my friends said that he must have just been super excited about his birthday party coming up the next weekend....
And he should have been because we partied hard! It's a big deal that my sweet little boy was turning 1! We started out the festivities by having what was supposed to be a "small" get together at the park Saturday morning for just Nathan's little friends and their parents. It went so well! We had a nice little group show up and it was a lot of fun! I am so thankful that he was in such a good mood. As each of his guests were getting there, he would walk up to them and smile like, "hey, good to see you! Thanks for coming!" :) It was so cute. He got so many nice gifts, too. I hadn't expected to have so much to bring home!
The next day, we had another party for him at my parents' house for just family. (I did two parties because we have so much family and so many friends that it would have been too overwhelming to try to have them all together). Daddy cooked a whole pig that was delicious! I swear I have the best baby! He stayed up until 9:30 that night just hamming it up for the camera and for our guests. You would never have known that he was up past his bedtime. I mean, the icing could have had something to do with that...

Here are a couple of pictures from both parties:

Our sweet little birthday boy



The pavillion at the Kids' Castle Park


Our little family


Nathan and all of his sweet little friends


Cake Monster


Party #2
Told ya'

All set up for our second celebration
The beautiful cake that I did NOT make :)

Giving brotherly love on the Birthday














No comments: