Sunday, November 9, 2008

Oh Brother, where art thou?

It's been a whole month since I last blogged. Ugh! I get so mad at myself when I get so behind like this. A month is a long time for someone so little - it's half of Nathan's life! haha. So much has been happening. He's 9 weeks now and we are adjusting easier and easier all the time.

It CAN be a little overwhelming at times. He's a little like his Daddy in that he isn't very patient. He'll let you know real quick if something isn't right. He makes the cutest little pouty face that I'm trying to catch on camera. (stay tuned). He sticks out that bottom lip and frowns - it's just pitiful to look at and it works! He very quickly gets what he wants.

He's smiling ALL the time. Especially in the morning. He's been sleeping FABULOUSLY! A week or so ago he magically started sleeping 7-8 hours a night!!! Oh my gosh, I've never felt so refreshed. It seems like just a couple weeks ago that I was savoring a 4 hour stretch. haha. I usually put him down around 9 and he will sleep until around 5:00 or so. The best part about nursing is I can then bring him into bed with me and nurse him while I continue to sleep. Hello, Happy Mama! Isn't he just the cutest thing?


He's begun sucking his thumb. He was doing this during some of his ultrasounds, but I thought this it may just be a fluke and a couple of times when he was just born he'd find it, but I thought that it must have been on accident. Lately, it's the only thing he'll take. He HATES the pacifier (we've tried several kinds) and only wants his right thumb. It's great because as soon as he starts giving me his sleepy cues I lay him in his crib, he'll find his thumb and soothe himself to sleep. I just might have the best baby in the world. :)

Mason came up for Nathan's baptism. It was the first time they had met. It went pretty well. I was a little nervous that Mason would be a little jealous of his new little brother, but he really didn't seem to pay him too much attention. The only thing that made me wonder was when he said, "Sara...I think the baby is crying because he knows he can't play with my toys because these are MY toys." I just smiled at him and he continued on with what he was doing. Hopefully they are far enough apart that this won't be too much of an issue. Here's a pic of the brothers together.


As I mentioned earlier, we had Nathan baptised on October 26 at First Methodist. It was really special because my Preacher Pa was there and helped with the service. Fortunately for us, the Bishop and the District Superintendent were also there! It couldn't have been nicer. Nathan wore the baptismal gown that Preacher Pa's mom, "Mama Weeze," made and was remarkably good. Jason held him almost the whole time and was so sweet with him. Everyone commented on how good Jason was with him. It just makes my heart swell to see the two of them together. If only Jason could be home more often....sigh.



The only bad part of the weekend was that around midnight the night of the baptism, Mason started throwing up. He threw up on the hour every hour for the rest of the night. Turns out, it spread around through almost the entire family. :( I feel so bad that people seemed to get it coming to the baptism of our little baby.


Nathan has to get his 2 month shots tomorrow. I think I'm going to be a bigger mess than he is. Here's a picture of him smiling as he probably won't be doing much of it tomorrow. Wish us (me) luck!!

No comments: