Sunday, February 22, 2009

Has anyone seen my baby?




I was just wondering if you've seen my baby. He seems to have gone missing! And who is this big boy that is living in my house?

My cousin just recently had a baby girl so we went to visit her yesterday. She is right at 9 lbs. which is what N was when he was born, but she is so tiny! She's so light and little and sweet. She slept the whole time (I forgot my camera....), and was a little angel. Then, I looked over and my big hoss of a son was sitting there weighing in at almost 20 pounds, sitting up by himself, smiling at everybody and it hit me! He's not a baby baby anymore. He's a big boy!

Y'all he is the sweetest child. I know every mother says that about their children, but mine really is. He's just so dang cute! One day recently, he was fussing for no apparent reason, so I started patting my hand over his mouth like an indian and he thought it was funny. Now, all I have to do is pat my hand over his mouth and he starts humming. I have yet to get it on camera, but I will and I'll post it as soon as I do. Y'all should see him in his walker. The first couple of times I put him in it, he acted like, "Umm....okay. Mom, are you sure about this?" Then, he got to where he thought it was fun because being in it moved him. He wasn't sure how he was moving or how to get to where he wanted to go, but he was liking it! NOW, he's obsessed. If I go to put him in it, his little feet are already moving then I set him down and Zoom! He's off. Gosh, it's hilarious! And this is nice, because I can finally start getting stuff done. I definitely don't leave him in there for too long, but I can actually put a load of laundry in without having to hold him at the same time! Thank the heavens!!








He's started sitting up by himself. Or, sitting unassisted, I should say. He can't pull himself to a sitting position yet, but he'll stay for awhile if I set him up like that. And he's getting up on his hands and knees. Not moving, or rocking, but propping up on them and then looking around like, "Oh no! What do I do next?" Bellyflop. Last week, I was putting him in his carseat and he was fussing while I was buckling him in. It sounded something like, "wha, wha, wha....da, da, da." And I said, "WHAT? DID YOU SAY DA DA? DA DA DA DA DA DA?" Poor little guy will never say those words again. He looked at me with huge eyes like, "I dont' know what just happened, but that made her act a little crazy, so I'm definitely not saying that again!" haha. Oh well....

Finally, we had a short little play date with our friend Joel. He was born just a couple of weeks after Nathan and we haven't seen them since the babies were very little. So, we stopped by to let them play. I can't believe how big they both have gotten! We love our friend, Joel, and hope that we'll be able to get together again! Here are some pictures that I took of the new friends. Don't they look like little old men?

No comments: