Friday, April 17, 2009

playing catch-up

It's been so long since I've blogged that I really don't know where to start. About a month ago, Jason and I were sitting with Nathan on our front porch. We've been anticipating a tooth now for about 3 months as it seems every week like he is having the symptoms, I slid my finger inside his mouth as we were sitting there and lo and behold - there was a tooth! Just the edge of one, enough to see a little glimmer of white. :) I remember then thinking "I need to blog about this!" haha. Within a couple of days the other bottom one had made it's grand apperance and that's as far as we've gotten on the creating teeth front.

He actually did really well with teething. Like I've said, we were anticipating one because he has been drooling constantly, and chewing on everything. But, other than that we didn't have much notice that the first one was coming. Now, I'm not sure if it was because I knew that the first one was in and the next one felt like it might be on it's way out, too, that I became a little paranoid about it or if it's really because he seemed more upset with the second one, but it did give us a little more of a fit. He was just really fussy and didn't have much of an appetite, just not himself until after it was in. I'll have to get a picture of his pearly whites to post for y'all!

We went to see Dr. Jackson for our 6 month check-up which went really well. I'm getting better and better about the shots. It's so hard to see my little man being so happy and sweet and then not understanding why he's being hurt. :( I hate that part of the visit more than anything! Everything checked out perfectly. He has been in the 90-95 percentile on his height and weight, but has just recently dropped into like the 65th. Dr. J said that it's probably because we're doing more solids and less bottle and that some babies just bloom earlier rather than later and that's probably nathan's case. I'm not worried about it. He has a huge appetite, so as long as he's eating well, that's fine with me! Of course, his head size is still off the charts. haha. In fact, Dr. Jackson said, "Now, you may start being able to sit him up by himself for a few minutes at a time." And I was like, "Oh, we've already been doing that..." He looked at me like, "Really?" So, I positioned Nathan on the table and showed him and he said, "I mean, that's really remarkable seeing as his head's so big. He must have really great core strength to be able to balance it so well." HA! I don't take offense. I mean, that's just another reason that I'm glad I had a c-section.

We also dealt with our first sick virus since I've been on my blogging hiatus. It started one weekend while Jason was here (thank goodness!). We had given Nathan his morning bottle, which he seemed to take well and then we sat him him his walker like we always do. Just a few minutes later, Jason looked at him and said, "I think he's choking!" So, we rushed over to him and just as we got there, he spewed - i mean, speeeeewwwweeeeedd - all over the place. My first thought was that he'd just had an air bubble and that he was probably fine so we went on about our business. Then, that night at dinner he threw up again and I noticed that he'd not had much of an appetite. What a little trooper, though, because he'd still play and act normal. Not puny at all. That's what kept throwing me off was he seemed completely fine! There was a night in there where Jason and I felt like for sure he had a fever, so after checking it - it was 100 - we kept him on tylenol, motrin and snuggled him all night. What a great excuse for a snuggle! :)

It's a good thing that he got to feeling better when he did because Mason came up to spend the week with us. His mom brought him to us on the 2nd and then we had him until Easter. It was so much fun! My mom and I took he and Nathan to the World of Coke on Monday since she was out for Spring Break. I'd forgotten my camera :( so I didn't get a lot of great shots - but we had a blast. I can't believe this weather has been so crazy, though! Here it is Spring Break and we were freezing! Luckily, it warmed up just enough for us to go to the Panama City Beach for Easter weekend. We stayed at the condo that my parents' share with several other people. We are so blessed to have a place to go to that's so nice and comfortable (and not on the strip). Jason, Daddy and my Uncle Billy went fishing Friday and Saturday and so Mom, Christy and I just stayed back and played with the boys. I'm so thankful for them being so willing to help me out with everything. I don't know how I would have done it without them. I'll post beach pictures soon.

Oh yeah, Nathan's started crawling! It's the cutest thing in the whole world. He started by doing the worm. Like a little inch-worm all over the floor. Now, he's gotten it down a little better. But, man can he get it! He's all over the place!
I'm having to be super careful about my floors these days. A couple of days ago, I was busy doing something and noticed that he'd crawled just out of my sight to the other side of the sofa. He was being mighty quiet and still, so I peeked around to see what he was doing and he'd pulled a hair ball from under the sofa and was trying to figure out what it was so he could put it in his mouth. GROSS! Just yesterday, he crawled into the laundry room and found his way over to our metal rolling cart thing that we keep our detergent and all (that's too high for him to get, too), but he pulled himself up to his knees and then reached up to the next shelf and pulled himself up to standing! :) YAY! He's getting so big. It makes me happy and sad at the same time.

The sweetest thing ever is that he's started giving kisses. Like full on slobber all over your cheek, kisses. I can tell that's what they are because it only happens when I've been kissing on him and then it's like he says, "Okay, now it's my turn!" He'll turn around and grab my face and just plant one on me. I mean, it's the most precious thing you've ever seen. Sometimes, it takes off all the makeup I've just put on, but I don't care. Nothing is better than a little baby slobber to make a mom look complete. I'll come back later and update with a few pictures of everything. I think I even have a video of him crawling. Right now, my butt needs to get back in bed since it's only 6a.m. and I'm awake for some reason. :)
Okay, I promised I'd come back to do this, so here they are...

....that's me giving Daddy kisses for getting dressed up, taking us to the beach on our way out of town, and not fussing (too much) about doing it. :)

No comments: