Thursday, May 7, 2009

26

Really? Am I that old? I certainly don't feel it. I catch myself all the time feeling like I'm fresh out of High School. But, I'm exactly where I hoped I would be at 26. I have a sweet little house, a husband that loves me and a precious child all of my own. Life is good!

With wedding plans in full swing (only 16 days away!), I almost forgot all about my birthday! One of my clients last week asked me what I was doing for the weekend and I said, "Well, we have another shower for Rebecca on Sunday........Oh! And it's my birthday!" haha. There was a time when I would have been anxiously anticipating that day for several weeks beforehand. Much like my youngest sister Christy, who makes sure we all have her birthday circled on our calendars and will start reminding us of her September birthday here in a few weeks. :)

Mine was actually on Saturday (the 2nd). Jason was home and busily putting my new beautiful screen door on the front of our house.
You can really tell you're getting old when you start asking for gifts like that! I just want to be able to sit in my living room with the door open and not have insects sneaking in at the same time. It's so pretty! I'm so blessed to have a husband that is so handy! We had the best dinner ever at my parents' house - steak, twice baked potatoes, salad and rebecca made me the best carrot cake in the world. Homemade! Delish!! It was so nice to do something so low-key and nice. I'm so lucky to have such a great family! Here's a picture of me with my sisters at my birthday party. We all wore Maxi dresses! haha. Great minds think alike! :)


We don't have many new updates. Nathan's cruising around on everything he can pull up on. I swear, he's gotten so big so fast! He's such a flirt. That little toothless grin will mealt your heart every time! Everywhere we go he makes new friends. I could not be more proud. He's just the best thing that's ever happened to us and we feel so blessed to have him be our's.

I can't wait to see how the next few months go. It blows my mind that he's already 8 months old. Before we know it, we'll be playing baseball and swimming in the swimming pool. I just can't wait to watch him grow up! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday!! I turned 26 also on the 4th. Sometimes I wonder if I'm still really this young and others I'm wondering how it all passed so quickly!