Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day 2009


It's Mother's Day and I'm feeling so thankful for my sweet baby boy. My heart is with those women today who want to be Mama's and are having trouble becoming one, or who are mama's but who have lost their babies or who's babies are sick. Also, my heart is very much with those Mama's who don't have their Mama's anymore. I have no idea what it is like to be one of them, but can imagine how painful a day like today might be. Thank you, God, for blessing me with Nathan. I pray that I will be as good of a Mama to him as mine has been to me!

Jason came home on Friday and since he was having to leave this morning, we decided to celebrate Mother's Day last night. I know it's kinda crazy, but we haven't had a REAL date since Nathan was born. It's hard for us, because Jason's usually only home on the weekends, and so we like to spend the weekends all together so he can spend as much time as possible with Nathan. But, we were long overdue for a date night. Also, alot of people have been getting onto me lately for not having let Nathan spend the night off yet. But, I haven't had a reason to let him (and it's hard to imagine waking up without him there), so it hasn't been an option.

So, last night I packed up his little bag and took him over to my parents' house. Okay, you have to understand that Mama and Daddy live literally two houses away from us. It's not like they live across town or anything, but you would have thought so. I kissed him and kissed him and hugged him and loved him like I was going to be away for the whole weekend. I honestly almost cried as we pulled out of the driveway. I know, I'm a little attached...

We had a little disagreement about where to go for dinner. We knew we wanted Mexican and since I'd already conceded on the movie (I wanted to see 17 again, he wanted to see Wolverine - stupid, but naked Hugh Jackman? Oooooooookaaaaaaay, if you insist.....) so I felt like he should eat where I wanted to eat, right? I love El Ranchero, but the salsa is too chunky for his taste (enter me rolling my eyes and breathing out deeply), and he wanted La Parilla, but it's a little pricey and not very tasty (enter him rolling his eyes and breathing out deeply). So, I offered La Fiesta because I have a discount card, but we were already on the other side of town so we decided to go to Fiesta Grill which is owned by La Fiesta. It was so nice to be out together by ourselves. My husband is not one to talk alot while he's eating - which drives me nutty - but, he did manage to tell me how pretty I look in my purple dress. haha.

Of course, when we got in the car, my sister had sent me a text message that said, "Hey Mommy and Daddy! I've had my bath and my bottle and now I'm going to sleep. I love you!" That almost made me cry again....but, i sucked it up so I could see Hugh Jackman naked. Oh, the sacrifice.

And the movie was O-kay. I guess I need to know more about the x men movies. I kept asking questions and was a little confused, but just so you girls know - Hugh definitely deserved Sexiest Man of the year. I wonder if I could talk Jason into making his arms look like that...

When we left, I called Mom and Dad's of course. She said that he'd fallen asleep a little early, so they'd gotten him up to be sure he would sleep well all night and now he wasn't going back to sleep. She said he'd been in his pack-n-play just talking to himself like, "where am I at? Where are my parents? Why is it dark outside and I'm still here?" So, we decided to go ahead and pick him up. :) yay! I don't think any of us were ready for that. Maybe when he's 1.

This morning, we got up and Jason left, and then he called. He said that he was just giving me a warning - so I'd be decent - that his Dad was coming to give us something. I was like, "????What??? Why???" But, Jason said he didn't know. Awwww...... Mr. Mark walked up with 2 cards that Jason had bought for me and had left in his truck. One was from Nathan! :) How sweet! The one from Jason was especially sweet because we have a little inside joke that we are Team Dewberry. (He would die if he knew I was telling this), but we even have team huddles. I like to text him sometimes and say things like, "Nathan and I just voted you MVP. It was unanimous." haha. So, inside the card that he got for me, he wrote "keep up the good work. Love you, Jason." Oh me. Y'all probably think that's so stupid, but it makes my heart swell and puts a smile on my face. I just love him so much! As long as he remembers that I'M team Captain. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Belated Mothers day to you! Don't worry about him spending the night. Kyler still hasn't yet. I'm not ready and I don't think he is either.