Saturday, August 22, 2009

One - A - Day

I have so much guilt over how long it's been since I've written. That's the problem I've always had with keeping a "diary". Sometimes stuff happens so quickly that I can't keep up and then I've forgotten and feel overwhelmed when I think of sitting down to actually try to sort it out into some sort of logical material. But, it makes me sad that I haven't done it and I've missed recording so much of Nathan's first year.

I've been telling myself that if I can log onto facebook everyday to update my status or if I can log into yahoo to check my email, I should find just a few minutes to log on here every day and just type out one funny/odd/interesting thing that has happened that day. It shouldn't matter if it's witty or long enough or unimportant to anyone else. This isn't like writing in a journal. This is much easier than that. And I should do it. For Nathan...

So! Every day, I'm going to do it. Update my blog with something worth mentioning about that day. Because everyday is important and should be remembered - somehow.

Like, today, Nathan wore the shirt that his Daddy bought him at the truck stop. It says "Daddy's Mini-Me" and it is adorable!


I had so much fun watching Jason chase Nathan around this afternoon. That little tickle box gets turned upside down by his Daddy in a way that I can't figure out. He doesn't laugh like that with me, which is fine, because we have our own special little moments, too. There's something very precious about a boy and his Dad and I'm enthralled with watching this relationship blossom between the two most important people in my life.

No comments: