Monday, August 31, 2009

lazy sunday and manic monday!

So, Sunday was truly a day of rest for us. It was rainy, so we really just stayed in and relaxed most of the day. I decided to make a meatloaf for Jason and his Dad for when they got home from fishing and man - was it good!

Nothing beats a good ole' meatloaf with lima beans, rolls and sweet tea, of course. I love cooking good southern meals for my honey, especially when I can tell that he likes them! I don't get a chance to cook for him very often, so when I do - I appreciate it.


I am totally in love with this website http://www.allrecipes.com/ All of the really good meals I've prepared lately have been treasures from the site. I like it especially because it lists the health facts about the dishes and people can leave rate the recipe and leave reviews. But, my favorite part, is that you can type in what ingredients you have and it will bring up a recipe for you that includes all of those ingredients (in case you have a case of cooker's block, like I sometimes do.)


The fisherman ate their dinner and then they spent the evening making Nathan laugh. It was hysterical. (disclaimer: this sounds like the most redneck thing ever - and it is - so, just play along...) Jason and Mr. Mark were rolling a dip can back and forth to each other across the kitchen floor and Nathan thought that was hilarious. He couldn't even stand up without falling over for laughing so hard at that little round can rolling back and forth in front of him. It was too cute!


Today was really fun! We went to Nathan's orientation for "school." He will be going to First Methodist 3 days a week for Playschool. I think this going to be a really good thing for him to have a little more structure and to be around more kids his age. He will still go to Miss Ana's in the afternoons, but this will just be something a little extra for him to do. I can't wait for him to start - I feel like he's growing up so fast. I can't believe I'm already filling out immunization forms and emergency contact info. I just hope he gets as much out of it as I'm expecting him to...


So, when we left school, we came home to have lunch and a nap and then headed out to Babies' R Us and Target to get our list of supplies that the teachers asked for. We saw two of the other kids in his class there doing the same thing. I also saw an old friend of mine in there who told me that she's expecting! (I wondered what she was doing in the baby store since she doesn't have children). I'm so excited for her! She is only about 6 weeks pregnant, so I can't wait for her to announce it herself. While we were there, after we finished giggling excitedly with my friend, I was looking at the Halloween costumes when I heard a man say, "Oh no, little buddy, don't do that! Um, Ma'am!!" I was thinking, "aww, I wonder who's child is getting into something...." and then I glanced up and realized that NATHAN WAS STANDING UP IN THE BUGGY! Little booger! I can't believe he did that!! Guess I'll have to start buckling him in, now.


We ate leftover Meatloaf at Mom and Dad's and we got a really cute little video of Nathan climbing into Memaw's chair. He truly is a little monkey. I don't know how I'm going to keep him from breaking his arms/legs/neck. I just know that one day I'm going to come into the kitchen and find him on top of the table or refrigerator or plant shelf! hahaha.....ha....ha? :-/

No comments: