Saturday, August 29, 2009

slacker!

ahh!! I'm starting to slack! Let me back up...

So, Thursday I was off of work and Nathan and I had a great day! It all started with waking up to a very cool house. Yay! We had slept in a little late, so we had to hurry to get ready because I was going to my very first Zumba class! Oh, "What's Zumba?" you ask? Well, it's similar to jazzercise, but a little more pumped up. Very Ancient Africa-ish. Kinda crazy, if you ask me. But, at least it was fun and it helped me feel healthy. It's time I do something about this leftover baby weight, but I'm procrastinating it badly. Nathan went to the daycare at the gym with his friend Ally (my friend, Jessica Montgomery's baby). I'm so lucky that he is such an easy-going child. I was so proud of how he let me just set him down and then he walked over all by himself to play with the bigger boys and never looked back at me. I'm really glad he's not a crier like some babies.

When we got done at the gym, we were sleepy and hungry, so we went straight home for lunch and then Nathan took a nap while I caught up on my book. I'm currently reading "The Time Traveler's Wife." I'd started it a couple of years ago, but life got in the way and I ended up shelving it, but since it's just been made into a movie I decided that it may be time to pull it back out and try to re-engage myself. But, it's hard to find time to read! I can't get very far because I'm always in the middle of something and then when I pick it up, I have to re-read to figure out where I am. This makes me sad, because reading is one of my favorite things to do. It makes my soul feel good to read a good book.

After Nathan woke up, we went to Target to pick up a few things. Nathan enjoys shopping, but not for a long time. It was good that Memaw called and invited us over for dinner because I could have spent all evening in there! Love that store!!

Anyway, So Friday was really quiet at work. Shelby and Jenny planned a fun trip to the beach for all the girls at the shop. I really wanted to go, but since I'm taking off next weekend for Nathan's birthday I knew that I needed to stay. Plus, I had some big color clients that needed to have their hair done today and I knew that I probably shouldn't pass that up. Plus, I'm not quite ready to leave Nathan yet. :)

Friday evening, we went to Memaw and Big Daddy's and we got to show off how Nathan has learned where my nose is. I say, "nose..." and he looks up at me and puts his little finger right on my nose. SO CUTE! I love him soooo much and am so proud of every little new thing that he's learning.

I worked this morning - again by myself - I'll be so glad to have those girls back on Tuesday! And Jason came home around lunchtime. After I got off work, we let Nathan take a little nap and then we went over to my mom and dad's to play Wii with Preacher Pa and Meme. Can you believe that the physical therapist actually recommended for Preacher Pa to play the Wii to strengthen his new hip? I think that's crazy! Jason and Daddy grilled some yummy steaks that went really well with the homemade chocolate cake that mom and I made.

Mom bought Nathan a climbing tower thing that has a little platform and then a little slide on it. Nathan loves it! Just like a boy, he immediately tried to walk up the slide! And of course he took a tumble or two. It's hard to see him get hurt, but I want him to know that it does hurt to fall and that Mommy and Daddy aren't always going to be there to catch him. He's also started throwing his food off the side of his tray when he's finished eating and he's learning that when he does that we say, "NO!" I guess he thinks that it's funny, so he's started doing it and then looks up at us and laughs. We're going to have to try some new tactics with this, I think....

Well, Jason just put our little pumpkin to bed. He's going to catch up on his NCIS show and I think I'm going to take the opportunity to read! :) Night y'all!

No comments: