Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Baby, it's cold outside!

So, I'm writing this from my parents' guest bedroom. Yes, I'm staying at my parents house tonight. No, it's not because Jason and I had a fight or because our house has been repo'd. But - our heat is out - AGAIN.

Now, I have been trying to be really patient with this idiot that installed our unit only a little over a year ago, but my patience is wearing thin. I'm not sure if he realizes that he's dealing with a woman that just gave birth 3 months ago - who's hormones aren't all intact - who's living on little sleep - and who just lost a really damn good sale at Target.

Yep, I lost the sale at Target - they aren't going to give me the coveted Britax carseat that I so desperately wanted. Let me take that back, they aren't going to give me the coveted Britax carseat at the price they said they would - however, they will sell it to me for $299. Apparently, in very small print on some part of their website it says that they have the right to cancel an order if the price was a misprint.
What - ev.
It's the week after Thanksgiving. I should be more thankful, right, instead of complaining so much, so let's take a deep breath....

We had a really nice Thanksgiving. Mason came to visit again. Every year we try to swap out going to Jason's family's Thanksgiving and going to mine. My family usually goes to Lake Junaluska so that's why we can't do both. However, since Jason's parents are divorced, we end up having 2 Thanksgivings anyway, plus my papa always has a big Thanksgiving at his house the Sunday after for our Perkins family so let me just tell you - I am TURKIED out. gobble, gobble.

I am very proud of myself, though! It's always fun for me to cook meals that my mother-in-law is really good at making to see if I can even get close to making them like she does. So since we were hosting my father-in-law's family at our house this year, I decided to do most of the cooking. I made a Turkey Breast, Sweet Potato Casserole, Green Bean Casserole, Macaroni and Cheese, a Chocolate Pie and Deviled Eggs (or "doubled" eggs as Mason called them). Everything turned out so nice! My deviled eggs could have been a little less mustard-y and a little thicker texture, but that's okay. I even got a great big hug from my hubby and he told me how nice it was for me to have gone to so much trouble for them. :) Makes me want to stay at home all day and be a little Betty Crocker.

My Dad got a new camera recently so I had him come up to the house to help me take Christmas pictures of Nathan for our Christmas cards. I thought of this cute idea and am so glad they turned out so well....here's a couple we're debating against...






I'm just so proud of my little pumpkin.

We "may" be starting to teeth. It's really early for that, but I got teeth pretty early so I've kinda been expecting it. He's started drooling aLOT and chewing on his hands pretty aggresively. Also, his diapers have been pretty loose - not a lot in them, but loose. I'm hoping this doesn't mean we're fixing to get alot less sleep. Just keep your fingers crossed for me that those little suckers pop on out pretty quickly.

Alright, I'm off to try to get some sleep in this strange bed....keep the heating and air man in your prayers!

No comments: